Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Spinach dhal curry/Pasalai Keerai kootu/Palak dhal sabzi recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Spinach dhal curry/Pasalai Keerai kootu/Palak dhal sabzi recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
Deciding to eat healthily offers great benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. There are many health conditions linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure. While we’re incessantly being encouraged to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. It is likely that many people feel it will take lots of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. Contrary to that information, people can change their eating habits for the better by making several small changes.
These healthier food options can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. For example, monounsaturated fat such as olive oil can help to offset the bad cholesterol in your diet. It is also a good source of Vitamin E which has many benefits and is also great for your skin. If you currently eat a lot of fresh fruits and leafy greens, you may want to think about where you’re buying them and if it’s the best source. If you can opt for organic foods, you can avoid the problem of eating crops that may have been sprayed with harmful pesticides. You can ensure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can find a local supplier as you will be able to buy the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
As you can see, it’s not hard to start incorporating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to spinach dhal curry/pasalai keerai kootu/palak dhal sabzi recipe. To cook spinach dhal curry/pasalai keerai kootu/palak dhal sabzi you only need 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Spinach dhal curry/Pasalai Keerai kootu/Palak dhal sabzi:
- You need 1 bunch of palak/spinach (chopped).
- Get 1 of small onion (chopped).
- Use 1 tsp of mustard seeds.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of urad dhal/ ulundhu.
- Take 1 tsp of chanadhal/ kadalai paruppu.
- Use 2 of dry red chilli.
- Get 1/2 tsp of cumin/jeera seeds.
- Take 3 tbspn of grated coconut.
- Take 1/2 cup of toor dhal (boiled).
- You need 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Provide 2 tbspn of oil.
- Get to taste of Salt.
- You need 1/4 cup of Water.
Steps to make Spinach dhal curry/Pasalai Keerai kootu/Palak dhal sabzi:
- Wash the leaves twice in water.Drain and chop the palak leaves. Pressure cook dhal for 1 whistle. Keep all the ingredients ready..
- Heat oil, add mustard seeds after it cracks add urad dhal and chanadhal. Saute till golden..
- Add cumin seeds and dry chilli, followed by onions. Saute till golden brown..
- Add salt and turmeric powder. Mix well..
- Now add the chopped palak leaves. Cover and cook 5 minutes adding little water..
- Open lid and add cooked dhal. Mix well..
- Finally add the grated coconut and mix. Serve with steamed rice and curry..
If you find this Spinach dhal curry/Pasalai Keerai kootu/Palak dhal sabzi recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.