Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Taisen's Ham Bean and Potatoe Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Taisen's Ham Bean and Potatoe Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
Opting to eat healthily has many benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. The overall economy is affected by the number of men and women who are suffering from conditions such as high blood pressure, which is directly related to poor eating habits. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy way of life but on the other hand, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a terrible way. Most people typically think that healthy diets require much work and will significantly change the way they live and eat. Contrary to that information, people can alter their eating habits for the better by making several modest changes.
Initially, you will need to be very careful when you are shopping for food that you don’t automatically put things in your basket that you no longer want to eat. As an example, if you have cereal for breakfast, do you ever check to see what the sugar and salt content is before purchasing? One wholesome alternative that can give you a healthy start to your day is oatmeal. You don’t like eating oatmeal on its own, you can easily mix in fresh fruits that can supply you with other healthy nutrients and as such, one modest change to your diet has been achieved.
To sum up, it is easy to begin making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to taisen's ham bean and potatoe soup recipe. To cook taisen's ham bean and potatoe soup you need 13 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Taisen's Ham Bean and Potatoe Soup:
- Prepare 1 of left over ham with or without bone. up to you.
- Get 1 of to 2 cans of pinto beans.
- You need 1 of to 2 cans northern beans.
- Use 2 of or 3 cans of potatoes ( whole ones cut up into smaller size ) , fresh potatoes 4 to 5 large peeled and cut into smaller pieces.
- Get 1 of ham stock or left over juice from cooking the ham the day before. ( we made a ham last night and saved all the juices to use in the soup ).
- Get 1 of beef bullion cube.
- Provide 1 of onion or onion powder.
- Take 1 of garlic powder or fresh garlic minced ( about 4 to 5 cloves ).
- Get 1 of pepper to taste.
- Use 1 of milk.
- Provide 1 of flour.
- Provide 1 of honey and/or pancake syrup ( optional for a little sweetness ).
- You need 1 of beef or vegetable stock if needed for more liquid ( optional ).
Instructions to make Taisen's Ham Bean and Potatoe Soup:
- Pull off as much of the ham that you can. Put that into a big pot or other slow cooker..
- Add in drained beans to the ham you took off the bone..
- Using water add in about 3 to 4 beef bouillon cubes. Boil and dissolve. Add to the meat and beans. About 2 to 3 cups..
- Using the left over ham on the bone, put that in a saucepan with the juices from the leftover ham. Add in a little water if needed and add beef bouillon cubes. About 2 or 3..
- If you are using ham that hasn't been used yet, you can do the same thing except for adding in juices. You can also skip this and just cut up the ham into pieces. Adding flavor later..
- Let the ham cook down. Let it start falling off the bone. Once that happens you are ready to pull that out. You can get more of the meat off at this point..
- Remove the ham and bone from the liquid, pull off any extra meat and add to the pot. You can start adding more of that liquid into the pot as well..
- Mince garlic or use garlic powder. Add in. Add in all seasonings and put a lid on the pot after stirring..
- Peel potatoes or open canned. If your using potatoes from a can drain, and cut into half, leave whole or cut into smaller pieces. Fresh, peel rinse and cut into desired size..
- You can add the rinsed potatoes into the pot or you can boil them separately just to get them a little softer before adding in. I boil mine just a bit, not all the way and then drain and add. Do NOT rinse. The starch helps thicken the soup..
- If needed, put flour and milk in a bowl. Get the lumps out. Take some of the liquid from the pot and put into a small saucepan. Stir in the milk and flour combination slowly. Then as that thickens, add this slowly to the soup..
- Taste taste taste !!!! Add whatever is needed. I only use salt (very little because ham is salty), pepper, garlic and onion or onion powder..
- Let the soup cook until the potatoes are fully soft or just a bit firm if you prefer..
- I always use ham that is from the night before. When I heat up my ham, I add in a little butter, brown sugar, syrup and honey. I spoon over the juices on top of the ham while heating. Same as basting a turkey. You can add any of these to the soup for a bit of sweetness..
- Serve with warm rolls or butter bread. Enjoy !.
If you find this Taisen's Ham Bean and Potatoe Soup recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.