Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect The Legendary Turnip Cheese Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to The Legendary Turnip Cheese Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Goodies that offer You Vitality.
Ingesting healthy foods tends to make all the difference in the way we feel. If we eat more healthy snacks and a lesser amount of of the bad ones we typically feel much better. Eating more fresh vegetables helps you feel better than eating a slice of pizza. Sometimes it’s hard to find wholesome foods for something to eat between meals. You can spend hours at the grocery store searching for the right snack foods to help you feel healthy. There’s nothing like one of these brilliant healthy foods when you need an energy-boosting snack.
If you might be looking for a speedy snack, you can’t go completely wrong with a whole grain one. A mid-morning snack of whole grain bread along with some protein will keep you until it’s time for lunch break. Eating on the run can be more healthy with wholesome chips and crackers. Deciding on whole grain foods is always much better than eating the highly processed grains we commonly find in our grocery stores.
You will not have to look far to discover a wide range of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. Being healthy and balanced doesnt have to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite easy.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to the legendary turnip cheese soup recipe. To make the legendary turnip cheese soup you need 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare The Legendary Turnip Cheese Soup:
- Get 1/4 cup of unsalted butter.
- Take 2 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Get 3 cups of half & half, warmed up and set aside.
- Get 1 tsp of nutmeg.
- Prepare 12 oz of smoked cheddar, grated.
- Provide 1 of celery rib, finely chopped.
- Provide 4 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 1 of Spanish onion, finely chopped.
- Take 1 tbsp of thyme, chopped.
- You need 1 of shallot, minced.
- Use 6 oz of gouda, grated.
- Get 3 cups of chicken stock (recipe coming soon). You can use veggie stock to make this vegetarian.
- Prepare 3 of turnips, cubed, seasoned and oven roasted.
- Provide of Sea or Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Get 4 pieces of bacon, cooked and crumbled – OPTIONAL.
- Prepare 1 of large stockpot.
- Prepare 1 of medium pot.
- Provide 1 of immersion blender.
Instructions to make The Legendary Turnip Cheese Soup:
- Add the 1/4 cup butter to the pan on medium heat, and as the butter melts whisk in the flour. Let it cook for 3-4 minutes until the flour turns a light brown and smells a little nutty..
- In a slow, constant stream to avoid clumping, add the warm half & half into the flour mixture, whisking constantly. Let the mixture heat as you whisk, and it will gradually thicken. Add the nutmeg. Season with salt and pepper..
- Once the sauce is the consistency of a light gravy, add the grated cheese and whisk it into the sauce so it melts evenly. Set aside..
- In the medium pot, add the 2 tbsp butter over medium heat. Then add the celery, onion, shallot, garlic and thyme and cook, stirring, until softened, about 8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add the stock and bring to a simmer..
- CAREFULLY whisk the stock mixture into the cheese sauce until it is fully incorporated. Then add the turnips..
- Now here's the fun part! Plug in your immersion blender, and start demolishing the turnips in the soup. They don't have to be completely pureed, just enough to have small chunks of turnips in the mix. Keep the soup on a low burner until your guests arrive..
- Top with crumbled bacon if you wish..
If you find this The Legendary Turnip Cheese Soup recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.