Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Coconut Curry Quinoa (Vegan + Gluten Free) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Coconut Curry Quinoa (Vegan + Gluten Free) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
Opting to eat healthily provides great benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. Poor diet is a contributing factor in diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can place a drain on the economy. There are more and more campaigns to try to get us to adopt a more healthy lifestyle and all the same it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. Most likely, most people think that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically alter their way of life. It is possible, however, to make some minor changes that can start to make a good impact on our day-to-day eating habits.
You can make similar changes with the oils that you use to cook your food. Olive oil, for example, is loaded with monounsaturated fats which are essentially good fats that battle the effects of bad cholesterol. It is also a good source of Vitamin E which has a lot of benefits and is also good for your skin. If you presently consume plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables, you may want to think about where you’re getting them and if it’s the best source. If you go for organic foods, you can avoid the problem of ingesting crops that may have been sprayed with harmful pesticides. Looking for a local supplier of fresh fruits and veggies will give you the choice of consuming foods that still have virtually all of the nutrients which are usually lost when produce has been kept in storage before selling it.
Evidently, it’s not difficult to begin integrating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to coconut curry quinoa (vegan + gluten free) recipe. To cook coconut curry quinoa (vegan + gluten free) you only need 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Coconut Curry Quinoa (Vegan + Gluten Free):
- Get 1 cup of quinoa.
- Provide 2 cups of unsweetened coconut milk.
- Take 1 of tomato, diced.
- You need 1/2 of zucchini, peeled and diced.
- You need 1/2 of vidalia onion, peeled and diced.
- Provide 1/3 cup of red curry simmer sauce.
- Get 1/8 cup of blanched sliced almonds.
- Provide 2 Tbsp of coconut oil.
- Use 1 Tbsp of curry powder.
- Provide 1 Tbsp of coconut flakes, to taste.
Instructions to make Coconut Curry Quinoa (Vegan + Gluten Free):
- Add 1 cup quinoa and 2 cups water to a medium pot and bring to a boil.
- Once the mixture has begun to boil, bring to a simmer for about 15 minutes until the quinoa has soaked up all of the liquid **The coconut milk will tend to foam and clump at the top if you do not continue to stir throughout–this is not a problem, and you can spoon off anything that clumps on top if you prefer**.
- In a separate pan, heat 2 tbsp coconut oil and add the diced tomato, zucchini, and onion.
- Continue to cook the vegetables on low-medium heat until they become soft.
- Add 1/3 cup red curry simmer sauce to the vegetables and cook for another 5-10 minutes.
- Once quinoa has finished cooking, add the vegetable/curry mixture to the pot and stir it in.
- Add the 1/8 cup of blanched almonds, and 1 tbsp of curry powder and stir until the curry has fully been absorbed **1 tbsp does not seem like a lot, but it will go far!**.
- Serve in bowls and add the coconut flakes to garnish!.
If you find this Coconut Curry Quinoa (Vegan + Gluten Free) recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.